Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Chalk Dust Clouds

Howdy y'all! It's been.... a while. Sorry 'bout that! But here is a story worth coming back for.

I have been wanting to illustrate this story for a while. I apologize if it seems a bit rusty.

I have kids. My oldest daughter is my sidekick. I love the heck outta her. She is artsy, independent, and persistent. All of which were apparent on a lovely summer day last year.

She was sitting on our patio steps, playing with chalk. Innocent enough, right? I was in the kitchen, doing something kitchen related.


Now, for whatever reason, my children do not play with chalk in the conventional way.


That's right, they rub chalk on the cement until a nice pile builds up, then BLOW. IT. INTO. THE. AIR. Unfortunately for her, the wind was blowing in her face. Which is where the chalk dust went. More specifically, into her EYES.


Five minutes later, she had calmed down. She went back to playing with the chalk.


Playing with the chalk in the exact. Same. Way.


Another 5 minutes pass by.


Poor sweet princess.


Surely, she has figured out what is going on, right?


WRONG! SO SO WRONG!


Sometimes, intervening is necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment